Thursday, December 22, 2016

O King - 22nd December

“O King,
whom all the peoples desire,
you are the cornerstone which makes all one.
O come, and save man
whom you made from clay.”

In today’s antiphon we address Christ as “King” the desire of “all the peoples.” Reflecting on this Antiphon, I wonder to what extent Christ is truly “king”  in my life. Is he “the cornerstone” of all I do and say?
Do my thoughts and decisions take account of his will for me at this moment, even if only by, as Frank Duff advises, glancing towards him and asking internally “what do you want me to do?” before making decisions.

This kingship in an individual’s life is very important because we are all members of the mystical body of Christ. Just as the holiness of one member benefits other members and the whole Church (CCC 1474-5), so also Christ’s kingship in my life is of benefit to and helps the growth of his universal kinship for the salvation of all human beings.


May God grant each of us the grace to welcome him this Christmas as “King”  and “cornerstone”  of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment